Friday, January 15, 2010

Sunday School Lesson #2

“Thou Wast Chosen Before Thou Wast Born”


  • • Who were the two spirits in the Council in Heaven who offered to be our Savior? (See Abraham 3:27; Moses 4:1–2.) How did their offers differ? Why did Heavenly Father choose Jesus Christ to be our Redeemer? (See Moses 4:2–3.)

  • After reading this something occurred to me that comes up in my mind a lot when reading about "villains" in the scriptures. I look at Satan in this instance and how he is mad that he was not chosen to be the Savior. I know that I would have been mad too. It's important to see that so that I know what not to do when something doesn't go the way I want it to go. I always think of Laman and Lemuel and how hard it must have been for their younger brother, Nephi to have such a great connection with his father and God. Then to claim to have some authority over his older brothers. Naturally, Laman and Lemuel are prideful and don't like this. I could also see myself being that way. I'm learning about humility in my reading. It's important to know that even the strongest followers of Christ can lose their way. Just get a little bit of pride in there and you can let that eat away at you.

No comments:

Post a Comment